I am so happy to finally be welcoming the Summer! This Spring has flown by, its hard to believe June is already wrapping up. All year I have been so inspired and driven by such a supportive and talented community. I have had the privilege of meeting and working with so many truly wonderful artists, total girl bosses, and hardworking students! From Edmonton to Calgary, a parade of art shows, markets, art classes, studio days and private commissions have been keeping me on my toes. Keeping with the momentum, I’ve got a lot of exciting projects on the go! Today I wanted to share with you guys what is all happening over the next couple months:
- Upcoming Art Classes – I am so excited to announce 2 big upcoming classes the July. July 14th sold out in 2 days – You guys are seriously amazing! Following, I have opened up a second date for July 7th and I’ve got only a few spots left. If you have been hoping to take a class, this is your last chance before I am away in the fall. We will be painting Little Hoots, sampling a variety of wines, and snacking on delicious summer treats! To book a spot please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All workshop information & images HERE.
- STUDIO SUMMER SALE at Timeworn Charm – Lacombe, as of right now, I’ve got an amazing sale happening (in-store only) on select/standard size/ready-to-frame original watercolors and prints at Timeworn Charm. Paintings are 25%-80% OFF! I am looking forward to another painting residency this fall, and making some extra room in the studio. You won’t find a better time to invest in some original local art! I will not be doing any markets this summer, due to a hectic schedule, but I will have a variety of works in the shop and online.
- Here & There Show at Greater Goods – Calgary, I’ve got a wonderful little contemporary show consisting of everything pastel. A series of dreamy watercolors, and textured acrylic paintings are up at Greater Goods. Maps, mountains, and more. I invite you to drop by, have some tea, check out the show, and shop all of the local talent! Show runs June 1- June 26.
- Art at Blindman Brewery – If you are in Lacombe, you can find a selection of large scale paintings at Blindman Brewery for one more week! Did I forget to mention they just opened up a patio? Show closes June 26.
- The Travelling Artisan Weaving ETSY SALE – Over the past few months I have been working away on a great little side project: creating unique woven wall hangings. I have had so much fun choosing dreamy color combinations, sourcing local and hand-dyed yarns and learning new techniques. Read more about the entire ongoing series HERE. In addition, I’ve recently listed a few on my Etsy Shop – remember, if you are local, send my a message to avoid shipping charges.
- Crafted – Calgary Farmers Market – Over the past couple months I have enjoyed switching things up, as I temporarily moved back to Calgary to work at Gull Valley at the Calgary Farmers Market. Do not ever underestimate the importance of supporting small and local, it’s what shapes healthy, happy and vibrant communities. I just love the market scene! Fresh food, tasty drinks, mouth watering sweets, unique artisan goods, it’s heaven! If you find yourself at the market, I encourage you to check out my favourite booth – Crafted! Pam curates the most incredible selection of local modern handmade goods. Plus, you can find a series of my prints in stock!
- Upcoming Artist Residency – Picton, ON – Arguably saving the best for last, I am looking forward to heading out east at the end of the summer to par-take in a self-directed painting residency in Picton, Ontario (Sept-Oct). I plan to create a series of new work, experiment in the studio, get involved in the arts community and develop new course material! With that, I will also be carving out time to take on a few private commissions, such as custom world maps. If you have been eyeing up a unique world map (select your own size, colors etc), then this is the perfect time! I will be working in the studio full-time during my stay, so send me an email with all of your ideas at email@example.com and lets get the ball rolling on a custom painting.
As always, thank you for following along! If you have any inquiries about art classes, upcoming events, or purchasing artwork please get in touch! Thank you. – Danielle